The University of Toyama welcomes students from all over the world
Each department has separate admission requirements. The following is a general overview of the eligibility requirements for bachelor’s degree programs.
Applicants who meet the following criteria may apply for entrance.
- Those who do not have Japanese nationality
- Those who have completed, or are expected to complete 12-year formal school education mainly outside of Japan.
- Those who have taken ‘Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students(EJU)’ conducted by the Association of International Education, Japan.
- Those who have, or are expected to obtain ‘College Student’ visa to enter and reside in Japan.
Undergraduate Admissions (enrollment in April)
The university of Toyama offers special entrance examinations for privately funded international students. Admission requirements and detailed information are usually announced in late October and the examinations are held in late February of the following year at the campus of University of Toyama.
Graduate Admissions (enrollment in April and October)
The university of Toyama offers special entrance examinations for privately funded international students. Please check the links below for detailed information.
To enroll as a research student (non-degree student), the applicant must search for, and contact an advisor in the faculty, graduate school, institute or center of his or her choice, and then receive advisor’s approval. After this, the applicant must submit an admission form and the necessary documents.
Applicants must satisfy the following requirements.
- Research student in the faculty
The applicant is required to have a bachelor’s degree or the academic abilities equivalent or superior to a bachelor’s degree.
- Research student in the graduate school
The applicant is required to have a master’s degree or the academic abilities equivalent or superior to a master’s degree.
To get more information about your admission procedure, please visit